Except for a few minor glitches, the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner could be the most ultra-modern and problem-free passenger airplane ever assembled by union hands.
The limited list of petty problems that have popped up so far includes:
- electrical problems due to faulty wiring
- oil leaks from the engines
- parts breaking off in the engines
- faulty fuel lines causing in-flight fuel leaks
- exploding batteries
- brake problems
- cracking cockpit windows
- occasional appearance of “smoke” in the cockpit
Other than those trifles, the new Dreamliner is pretty much a problem-free dream machine.
Unfortunately, some naysayers are contending that “bad dream” is a bit closer to the actual truth.
But Boeing is quite confident that any and all of these so-called “snags” will quickly be put to rest so that passengers can rest easy on this new dream plane which has aptly been called the Dreamliner.